These are quotes that I read here and there from books and articles on line..I have no credit of them, I just read them, like them, and share them. I'll keep adding more quotes, and as time goes by I hope I'll get a nice little collection here..
1- Actors lead; audiences follow. (From acting for animators)
2- Acting is reacting. (From acting for animators)
3- A character that is listening to another, is actually preparing to speak. (From acting for animators)
4- A villain is a regular person that has a fatal flaw, a hero is a regular person that has to rise to extreme heights to overcome an extraordinary obstacle. (From action for animators)
5- The purpose of (Character) movement is destination.(From action for animators)
6- The difference between a laugh and no laugh is a frame, it's all about timing.(From Chuck Jones)
So I came across this website called gapingvoid with these great advices and quotes about creativity, and I hope you like them:
1. Ignore everybody.
2. The idea doesn't have to be big. It just has to be yours.
3. Put the hours in.
4. If your biz plan depends on you suddenly being "discovered" by some big shot, your plan will probably fail.
5. You are responsible for your own experience.
6. Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten.
7. Keep your day job.
8. Companies that squelch creativity can no longer compete with companies that champion creativity.
9. Everybody has their own private Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.
10. The more talented somebody is, the less they need the props.
11. Don't try to stand out from the crowd; avoid crowds altogether.
12. If you accept the pain, it cannot hurt you.
13. Never compare your inside with somebody else's outside.
14. Dying young is overrated.
15. The most important thing a creative person can learn professionally is where to draw the red line that separates what you are willing to do, and what you are not.
16. The world is changing.
17. Merit can be bought. Passion can't.
18. Avoid the Watercooler Gang.
19. Sing in your own voice.
20. The choice of media is irrelevant.
21. Selling out is harder than it looks.
22. Nobody cares. Do it for yourself.
23. Worrying about "Commercial vs. Artistic" is a complete waste of time.
24. Don t worry about finding inspiration. It comes eventually.
25. You have to find your own schtick.
26. Write from the heart.
27. The best way to get approval is not to need it.
28. Power is never given. Power is taken.
29. Whatever choice you make, The Devil gets his due eventually.
30. The hardest part of being creative is getting used to it.
31. Remain frugal.
32. Allow your work to age with you.
33. Being Poor Sucks.
34. Beware of turning hobbies into jobs.
35. Savor obscurity while it lasts