Keeping Busy.

I was very fortunate to be introduced to Chip Kidd. He's a world renowned designer. Book-cover designer to be specific. Some of his work includes the covers of David Sedaris's "When you are engulfed in flames", Dave Gibbons's "Watchmen", and Haruki Murakami's "1Q84."
He is also a Batman fanatic; His apartment is covered floor to ceiling with Batman memorabilia, art, toys, you name it!.. Here's a little sampler:




The one and only William Joyce.



Unexpectedly, he asked me to contribute to his Batman Black and White Project. This was the most humbling, exciting yet frightening request I've ever been asked. As you may expect the other artists that contributed to his show before are utterly the living masters and superstars of illustration. No exaggeration. No pressure!
After hitting a wall I decided to bounce some ideas with the man himself, and what a breath of fresh air that was! It made me hate EVERY "director" I worked with in commercials.
Anyway, without further ado, here's my contribution to Batman Black&White: